Deep Fry your turkey safely!
Its that time of year again, where everyone is around for holidays and its time to make those turkey dinners. Deep frying turkeys has become a popular and tasty trend. But for how good it makes the turkey taste, these fryers can pose a dangerous fire hazard. Remember to follow the instructions on your deep fryer as well as the proper cooking instructions. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has reported that in the last ten years, there have been 141 reports of fires or burns caused by these deep fryers. Thirty-eight of those causing injuries. The members of the Triton Hose company want you to have safe holiday season, so here are some safety tips for when decide to deep fry that turkey.
- Always use your fryer outside, never inside of any building.
- Place on a flat surface to avoid tipping.
- Do not place them on wooden decks or near any other combustible items.
- Never leave it unattended or let children around them.
- Make sure the turkey is completely thawed. Be carful with marinades, as oil and water do not mix. Water mixed with the oil could cause overflow and an explosion and fire hazard.
- Keep an all purpose fire extinguisher nearby. Again do not use water to put out a grease fire. If the fire can be easily handled, then use the extinguisher. If the fire worsens call 911 immediately.
- Remember to use well insulated mitts when handling lids. If possible, wear safety glasses to protect eyes from splashing oil
Please Watch this Short Video...State Farm® - Turkey Fryer Danger
©2011 Triton Hose Company #1, Tunkhannock, PA