The following material is from the OFHS section of the Ferri Tales web site at http://home.epix.net/~jlferri by John L. Ferri.
"Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection."
Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), German philosopher.
This Internet Web page will probably be of little interest unless you graduated from Old Forge High School, Old Forge, Pennsylvania. It may be of some interest if you know the class members, or are related to some of them but, in any case, you're welcome to browse.
As a member of the class of '65, I attended its 30 year reunion on November 25, 1995 at Arcaro and Genell's on Main Street in Old Forge. The only other reunion that I attended was the first, which was held in 1971, a year late. But then, having a reunion at 5 year intervals is only a tradition, not a law and not a requirement. After a while, if interests wane, some classes drop the tradition entirely -- which is why this page exists.
The 1971 event seemed to be well attended. I don't know the exact figure but my estimate would be 3/4 of the 127 class members. I missed the next four, which makes me guilty of what I'm trying to prevent here. Approximately 75 classmates attended the 1990 gathering; 40 or 50 made it in 1995. There were rumors that there may not be another until 2015, the 50th. I don't want that to happen particularly since the 35 year reunion will reflect three major milestones: all class members will be on the other side of 50, the reunion will be in the year 2000, and most members will have gone through mid-life crisis.
If you are a member of the class of '65 or an alumni of Old Forge High, please send me any information or messages that you wish to share. Other than your name, I will include only those details that you tell me to include. As I gather information about Old Forge High School alumni, I'll post it here.
OFHS Class of 1965 held their 39th reunion on Saturday, Nov. 27, 2004 at Arcaro & Genell’s restaurant in Old Forge. As I mentioned above, having a reunion every 5 years is merely a tradition, and the Class of 1965 can be called anything but traditional. Since only 22 from the Class of 1965 attended the 1995 reunion, this reunion combined our class with the class of 1964.
I’m not sure how many attended from the Class of 1964, but my count for 1965 is 28 as follows: Karen Alimenti, Janet Aversa, Ray Belak, Judy Biscontini, Terry Butler, JoAnne Cesare, Leah Davis, John Ferri, Louis Gallia, Bart Giacometti, Mike Gilotti, Suzanne Greco, Tina Hoffman, Bob Jarrow, Caroll Jones, Diane Killino, Diane Lesneski, Rich Notari, Helen Pagnotti, Donna Pero, Phil Reviello, Ginger Riviello, Rosemary Romey, Louis Rosati, Sylvia Scalise, John Sworen, Louis Terruso, and Jim Tricarico.
My compliments to the event organizers. The food was excellent; the DJ was great too, but a little loud for those of us rapidly entering the geezer generation.
The Class of 1965 originally had 127 members, although the year book contains only 126 pictures. For some reason, James Gabello’s picture isn’t in it. Thus far, 10 members have died: Theodore Armillay in 2013, Ann Malecki in 2008, Andrew Conon in 2004, Billy Cox in 2001, John Esposito, Ray Gurz, Harrison Hubiak in 2004, Pete S. Hubiak, Theresa Legg in 1965, Roger Mancuso in 2003, and Brian Williams in 2004. It may sound grim, but that leaves 116.
Hopefully, the next reunion will be in 2009 for the 44th, or perhaps we’ll cave in to tradition and celebrate the 45th the following year. See you there.
Any suggestions, comments, or corrections are welcome.
I can be reached at email@example.com.
John L. Ferri
(Updated on 1/13/13)
Old Forge High School
Class of 1965
Old Forge, PA
Armillay, Theodore (1947-2013)
- Butler, Terrence (updated 7/20/08).
1969: BS. East Stroudsburg University
1971: ME. E.S.U.
1999: Retired from North Pocono School Dist.--30 yrs 5th Grade math/science teacher (don't miss the grind). Currently semi retired -- watching Grand kids.
Wife Francine (deceased 1996);
- Ashley 23, customer service consultant, Hartford Ins. East coast Div, Allentown,
- Donielle McDermott, 29
Grand kids: Brandon 6, Jade 3, and Madison 6 months. " Apple cart now full".
Rankings in Archery, Crossbow Division. Ashley is ranked # 1 in Nation NFAA and # 2 in the World both Individual and Team. Also is 5 time consecutive Pa. State Female Crossbow Champ.
I am ranked # 2 in Pa State and #2 in World both Team and Match play. Also Ranked #1 in Nation NFAA. I have participated in World Championships in 2000 in New Zealand and 2007 in U S A Both Ashley and I have qualified for the World Crossbow Championships in 2009 in Portugal. Major tournaments we participate are in Las Vegas, Louisville, Ky. and Hartford, Ct.
Address: 706 Kohler Ave. Old Forge, PA 18518 (570-562-1496)
Motto: "Life is short--Enjoy it to the fullest every day. Don't sweat the small stuff."
- Cesare, JoAnne (updated 12/15/95)
- 46 Elm St., Old Forge, PA 18518
1975 - B.S. University of Scranton, Secondary Education - Mathematics.
1992 - M.S. Marywood College, Special Education.
Pre-doctoral studies in Education Technology at Wilkes and Misericordia.
Employed by NEIU #19 as a math teacher/emotional support at Lourdesmont High School, Clarks Summit, PA. 18411.
SAT Math Coach for the Abington Heights School District.
Halftime announcer for the Old Forge Blue Devils Marching Band.
Mother of David Thomas, 29, West Chester, PA (Probation officer); Jeff Thomas, 28, Old Forge, Weighmaster; Aimee Thomas, 26, Old Forge, Teacher, West Scranton Intermediate; Chris Thomas, 23, Old Forge, School Director, Counselor.
Grandmother of JJ Thomas, 6, Old Forge (Kindergarten).
Marriages - Don't ask!
Motto: Teachers Have Class!
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Conon, Andrew (194?-1996)
Cox, William (1947-2001)
Esposito, John (deceased)
- Ferri, John L. (updated 11/28/04)
- Married 1968 to HelenRose Sullivan.
306 York Ave., Towanda, PA 18848.
Three children and two grandkids.
Retired and not feeling guilty about it at all.
"Bradford County pizza sucks."
Grala, Ann Marie
- Gilotti, Michael (updated 3/17/97)
- 1969 - B.S. Penn State Univ.
Married. Children: Kristen,17; J.Michael,14; Lauren,14.
New residence-46 Meadow Ridge, Avon,Ct. 06001
Head of bank&broker/dealer operations for Aetna. Office-TNA1, 151 Farmington Ave. Hartford, CT 06156.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (address not current)
- Greco, Carolyn (Brenner) (updated 1/17/01).
- Married to Chuck and recently relocated to Arlington, Texas (via San Diego for 20+ years). One married son, Jason, keeping the home fires burning in San Diego until mom and dad retire. Currently employed as a Registered Dietitian at Vencor hospital in Ft. Worth. Occasionally return to Old Forge for the PIZZA!!!
Gurz, Raymond (deceased)
Hubiak, Harrison (1948-2004)
- Honcharik, Angela (Gallia)(Fiori) (updated 2/4/06)
- 8316 Reed Court, Sacramento, CA 95826
I'm currently single, mother of 2, working as an RN at Sutter General Hospital Sacramento CA.
My daughter Kathy is currently working as an editor for Natural Health Magazine in Boston and Krista is in her last year in law school at McGeorge here in Sacramento.
I'm still here in California and now the grandmother of 2 boys, still working, trying to win the lotto so I can retire.
I'd love to hear from anybody!
Hubiak, Peter H.
Hubiak, Peter S. (deceased)
- Imes, Edward (updated 09/27/99)
- 2144 Bear Creek Drive, Ontario, N.Y. 14519.
Married to Catherine Wolfe 1973; one daughter, Sarah age 20. Sarah is a junior at Ithaca College studying, (I hope), Radio/TV Communications.
1968 - A.A.S. Electrical Science.
1976 - B.S. Electrical Technology.
1981 - M.S. Applied Statistics.
1999 - D. Sc Management of Engineering and Technology.
Principal Engineer - Xerox Corporation Bldg 218 Webster NY 14580. (716)422-3917.
Motto: Failure is very seldom the result of lack of talent but rather the lack of desire.
E-mail : Edward.Imes@SDMS.USA.Xerox.com
- Jarrow, Robert (updated 1/31/99)
- Nazareth, PA.
Married 5/22/71 to Sharon Pohanish.
Employed at Victaulic Co. of America in Easton, PA for the last 25 years as the plant Electrical Engineer. Before that, I worked for Western Electric in Newark, NJ.
Two daughters: Kristen (23), graduated Shippensburg Univ., social work, working for the Franklin County PA Children and Youth Division; Mindy (20), junior at York College majoring in Business (Marketing). She wants to work in Boston.(I dont know why.)
E-mail : email@example.com
- Jones, Carroll (Terruso) (updated 10/8/02)
- Married classmate Louis J. Terruso in 1969;
Paralegal for the U.S. Department of Justice since 1983;
Appointed to the Old Forge Zoning Board in 1982 and currently serve as its president.
All 4 of our children are alumni of OFHS.
- Cara (Erb) lives in Cogan Station with her husband Scott and their 3 children: Scott Jr., Alex, and Hailey.
- Amanda (Acevedo) lives in Old Forge with her husband Leo and their daughter Hannah.
- Louis Jr. lives in Old Forge and is a plumber.
- John lives in Old Forge and is a diesel mechanic.
Legg, Theresa (deceased)
- Lesneski, Diane (Notari) (updated 10/17/98)
- 13 Lincoln St., Old Forge, PA 18518
1968 graduate of the Hospital of the University of PA.
R.N. at Community Medical Center, Scranton in OB/GYN for the past 24 years where I have had the privilege to see many of our classmates become parents and now am seeing them become grandparents!
Married to classmate Rich Notari (see 1965 class entry),
Children: See Rich Notari entry.
Rich and I still wear that BLUE DEVIL Pride in our hearts and on our sleeves as we continue to attend and support most activities associated with our ALMA MATER. We are very proud to have had our children become BLUE & GOLD blooded!
HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS !!!!!!!!!!
We'd love to hear from any alumni and former students !!!!!!!!!!!
Malecki, Ann - (July 25, 1947 - December 1, 2008)
Mancuso, Roger - (1947-2003)
Martini, Carl (deceased)
- McCamley, Barbara (Mikiewicz) (updated 12/23/98)
- 517 Bridge St., Old Forge, PA 18518
Employed at Topps Co. for 30 years -- Purchasing Agent.
Married to John Mikiewicz, June 21, 1974.
One child, John Jr., currently a sophmore at King's College.
Most of our free time is taken up with golf. All of us -- husband, son and myself -- really enjoy the sport.
E-mail: Barbara.Mik@ncx.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notari, Richard (1947-2011)
- 13 Lincoln St., Old Forge, PA 18518
1969 - B.S. Wilkes College, Mathematics.
Math teacher, O.F.H.S since 1974 and still going strong; athletic director since 1993; golf coach 1983; has coached at various levels for every sport except girl's softball and basketball since his teaching career began at our alma mater. (He has educated and coached many of our classmates' children.)
Married to classmate Diane Lesneski (see 1965 class entry).
Children: Rick Jr, 27 (see alumni entry); Rob, 24, 4th year dental student at Univ. of Pittsburgh, President of O.F.H.S. Class of '92; Tim, 16, member of O.F.H.S. Class of 2000.
- Purosky, Margaret (Griffin) (updated 8/16/00)
- 1201 Highland Dr., Bloomsburg, PA 17815
1969 - B.S. Bloomsburg University (then Bloomsburg State College) in secondary English.
Employed by Press-Enterprise newspaper for 9 years.
Co-owner with my husband, Bob, of Good As Gold Jewelers for 18 years.
- Daughter Julia Elizabeth, 31, Allentown, Pa., graduated magna cum laude from University of Pittsburgh in Psychology.
- Son Daniel Michael, 16, junior at Central Columbia High School, Bloomsburg.
I am now retired, having sold our jewelry store recently. However, my husband, Bob, is in the process of opening a new store still dealing in coins and precious metals.
Saleski, Carmel Ann
- Terruso, Louis (updated 6/3/99)
- 309 Smith Street, Old Forge, PA 18518.
Official Court Reporter for U.S. District Court for the past 21 years;
Children: See Carroll Jones entry.
- Thomas, David J. (updated 12/28/95)
- 323 Sussex Street, Old Forge, PA 18518.
Quality Control Manager for State Aggregates, Clifford, PA
President of the IHJALH (I Had JoAnne And Lost Her) Society!
Father of David, Jeff, Aimee, and Chris. Grandfather of JJ.
Motto: Smile and Be Happy!
- Tricarico, James, Class of 1965 (updated 3/23/06).
- - 49 Elm St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
- 1969 - B.S. East Stroudsburg State College, Elementary Education.
- 1996 - M.S. College Misericordia, Education Technology.
Retired from Scranton School District in 2004.
Retired Major from the Pennsylvania National Guard in 1995.
Married 1969 to Andrea Sworen (OFHS '68).
Five children and theirs (our grandkids):
- Ami Zaykowski (Occupational Therapist) -- Adam and Abigail Zaykowski (Ami & Ron),
- Dr. James A. Tricarico (Family Medicine) -- Tyler and Alexandria Tricarico (Jim & Lisa),
- Kimberly Tricarico (Advertising Director Assistant) -- Andrew (Kim & John),
- Kristen Tricarico (Data System Analyst),
- Gina Tricarico (Medical Technologist).
"Can't get out of the big city!"
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams, Brian (1948-2004)
- Zabielski, Marianne (Kulas), Class of 1965 (updated 02/07/01).
- Married Frank Kulas, August 1969.
914 Pancoast Street, Dickson City PA 18519.
Employed at National Book Company, Dunmore PA for 18 years. Currently Director of Personnel.
- Kathleen Elizabeth Casarin (married Matthew Casarin 6/1999), age 31, employed by CIGNA;
- Frank, 29, works with his dad;
- Greg, 27, employed by Gentex.
One granddaughter: Claudia Bella Casarin, born 6/28/2000.
Would love to hear from anyone...
- Anzelmi, Vita (Cella), Class of 1968 (updated 1/9/04).
- Married 31 years to Lou Cella, West Pittston Class of 1964.
2 sons: Lou Cella, OFHS Class of 1996; and Mario Cella, OFHS Class of 1999.
B.S., Business Administration, College Misericordia
M.A., Organizational Management, College Misericordia (Class of 2005)
Have worked for the Social Security Administration for 26 years
We live in Exeter Township but my sons loved Old Forge so much they left home, moved in with my mom, and experienced the Old Forge High School tradition of life in a small town with a small school atmosphere. They have never regretted the move.
Old Forge is so much more than pizza; the people make it special.
E-mail: email@example.com E-mail (home): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barycki, Andrea, Class of 1987 (updated 12/1/00).
- I am currently still living in good old Old Forge. During high school,I was a member of the National Honor Society, the Blue Devil marching units, and was a member of the Business class of Old Forge. After high school, I attended Lackawanna Junior College, where I recieved a certificate to be an Adminstrative Assistant. I am employed at AT&T in Scranton and look forward to keeping in touch with friends and alumni of Old Forge High. If you want to keep in touch, send me an email.
- Basta, James M., Class of 1957 (updated 1/11/00).
- Tampa, FL
Univ. of Scranton, BS in Electronics, 1961
61-84 Military, Army pilot; 84-99 Consultant.
Married 1961 to Marie Honcharik, also OFHS 1957.
Marie graduated from Wilkes in 1961, BS in Medical Technology.
4 Children and 6 grandchildren.
- Belardi, Jennifer (Christianson), Class of 1993 (updated 2/14/07).
- 1997 Graduate of Wilkes University Business Administration.
2000 Graduate of East Carolina University Greenville NC Accounting.
2001 Graduate Secondary Business Ed.
Currently enrolled at DeSales Univeristy MBA program.
Married Oct 2001 to Eric Christianson, 1992 graduate of Central Columbia High School, Bloomsburg, PA, formerly of MN.
Expecting 1st baby in May 2007. Have one dog, Abbey.
Moved back to PA last summer from NC and hating the weather! Working as a pharmaceutical sales rep in Berks, Lehigh, Schyukill, Carbon counties.
"As I have grown up I appreciate the ties I have in Old Forge. I know I will always have connections there and although I don't choose to reside in OF now, it will always be my true home. There is surely something said about a small town. Thanks for all the great memories. I would love to hear from some classmates. I hope you are all doing well. Maybe we will see one another at a reunion soon?!?!?!?."
- Belcastro, Lana, Class of 1997 (updated 10/5/99).
- Graduate of Empire Beauty School, Scranton. I plan to pursue my teachers license, and after a few more years of experience open my own salon. I have recently recieved an award for my participation in creating the 1999 bicentennial logo for Old Forge along with two of my other classmates.
E-mail: Zepelin97@hotmail.com (address not current)
- Burilla, Chuck, Class of 1968 (updated 07/09/01).
- Graduate of Wilkes College with a degree in Materials Science Engineering.
Research Scientist - United Technologies Research Center - Pratt & Whitney, East Hartford, CT 06108.
Married 1971 to Rose - Duryea HS '69, 1 child; Nicole, RN in Connecticut.
Really enjoyed our 30th reunion in '98 and seeing some old friends who did not seem to age. Looking forward to the next one.
- Carey, Loriann (McCormack), Class of 1987 (updated 9/21/99).
- See McCormack, Joe (1989)
- Cella, Lou, Class of 1996 (updated 6/26/06).
- RD 4 Box 528, West Pittston, PA 18643.
Graduate of East Stroudsburg University (2000) with a degree in Secondary Education/English.
Currently employed as the Junior/Senior High School Library Media Specialist in the Wyoming Area School District and as an Assistant Football Coach at Lackawanna College.
- Cesare, Francine (Pietrowksi), Class of 1975 (updated 3/30/00).
- Employed 22 years at the Moses Taylor Regional Dialysis Center as a nephrology nurse. Since July 1998 have been able to work in OF at our new Satellite Dialysis Center.
2 daughters: Ashley 11, Amanda 9. Divorced 4 years.
E-mail : email@example.com
- Checko, Kimberly, Class of 1997 (updated 09/27/99).
- 1030 West Oak St. Old Forge PA, 18518.
Junior at Wilkes University majoring in Psychology/Elementary Education and I also work at KMart in Moosic, PA.
- Colburn, Christian, Class of 1997 (updated 5/18/02).
- Graduated in Fall 2001 from West Chester Univ. with a B.S. in Communications Studies.
Currently living in West Chester, PA with another OFHS grad, Nathan Davis.
Worked for one year as a Management Trainee Intern at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Worked for four months as a Account Executive with Allegiance Telecom of King of Prussia, PA.
Currently working as a Account Manager and systems integrator for Security Services and Technologies (SST) of Norristown PA.
"I still frequent Old Forge several times a year visiting family and friends."
- Cushner, David, Class of 1982 (updated 3/16/03).
- Married to Lana M. Pavlikoski, Class of 1976 (I've always liked an older woman.) We've been married for "lucky 13" years so far. Our son, David, is in 5th grade at Old Forge Elementary School.
"It looks like I'm the first from my class to be on this page. We love Old Forge. It's an Old Forge thing."
- Czaja, Jennifer, Class of 1997 (updated 9/10/97).
- 430 Bridge St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
Freshman at Marywood University majoring in secondary education with a concentration in English. Plans to pursue a secondary degree in Law after Marywood.
- Czaja, Lou Jr., Class of 1994 (updated 9/10/97).
- 430 Bridge St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
Senior in the PharmD program at Duquesne University.
- Czaja, Louis, Class of 1971 (updated 9/10/97).
- 430 Bridge St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
Graduate of York College of Pa., with a degree in Respiratory Therapy.
Board certified from the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and a Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist.
Married to Diana Dipipi. Parents of Lou Jr., and Jennifer.
- Dipipi, Diana, Class of 1971 (updated 9/10/97).
- 430 Bridge St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
Married to Louis Czaja. Parents of Lou Jr., and Jennifer.
- Dolgash, Candice A., Class of 1997 (updated 11/02/05).
- Local address: 623 Hickory St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
Current Address: 509 Mill St. Dunmore, PA 18512.
Industrial Engineer, HarperCollins Publishers (Scranton, PA).
Board of Directors of the Penn State Scranton Chapter of Alumni.
- Dolgash, Michael D., Class of 1969 (updated 11/02/05).
- 623 Hickory St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
Married to Tina M. Dolgash.
Daughter: Candice A. Dolgash (Class of 1997).
Proprietor of D&D Construction, new home builders and remodelers. Subcontractor at Bruce Covey Builders (Lake Ariel, PA).
Member of "Millenium", based in O.F. (Anyone interested in live entertainment/karaoke for their events, call: (570) 457-7249).
- Donatelli, Maggie (Giglio), Class of 1968 (updated 9/21/99).
- See Giglio, Joe (1968)
- Ferrett, Jeanine (Marino), Class of 1980 (updated 8/17/05).
- 32 Old Mill Rd, Laflin, PA.
Married James Marino (OFHS '78) in 1985.
Daughter Marissa attending Pittston Area HS.
- Ferrett, Larry, Class of 1973 (updated 5/21/99).
- 542 Winter Street, Old Forge, PA.
Married to: Marilyn Ferrett (OFHS '73).
Owns: PCs With Ease (Old Forge, PA)
Runs: NEPA Online
Coaches Girls Softball.
Kids: Dustin: 18, Class of 1999: Attending Temple University in the Fall; Lauren: 16, Class of 2001 President; Ashley: 14, Class of 2002.
- Ferrett, Marilyn, Class of 1973 (updated 5/21/99).
- 542 Winter Street, Old Forge, PA.
Married to: Larry Ferrett (OFHS '73).
Part Owner: Revello's Pizza, Old Forge, PA
OFHS Girls Softball Fundraiser Chairperson.
Kids: Dustin: 18, Class of 1999: Attending Temple University in the Fall; Lauren: 16, Class of 2001 President; Ashley: 14, Class of 2002.
- Giglio, Anthony, Class of 1969 (updated 10/20/99).
- Emmaus, PA.
Graduated from Lafayette College '73. Inducted in to Lafayette Hall of Fame for football, and also inducted into Luzerne and Lackawanna County Hall of Fames. Employed by IBM. Wife Kelly, 2 children: Tony (11) and Annie (9).
- Giglio, Joe, Class of 1968 (updated 9/21/99).
- 145 First St., Old Forge, PA 18518.
B.S. East Stroudsburg University (1973). Currently teaching in my 25th year at Old Forge Elementary.
Married to the former Maggie Donatelli, also an Old Forge class of '68 graduate. We have 2 children: Russ, a 1999 Old Forge graduate, now a freshman at Lafayette College; and Sasha, Old Forge class of 2003.
I recently stepped down as Head Baseball Coach at Old Forge High, a position held for 19 seasons.
"The Blue and Gold Forever"
- Giglio, Karen, Class of 1962 (updated 10/20/99).
- Graduate of East Stroudsburg, currently teaching at Interboro HS, near Philadelphia.
- Giglio, Mary (McCormack), Class of 1961 (updated 10/20/99).
- 30+ years as registered nurse, currently employed by Dr. Ted Marmo, class of '27.
Four children: Jill, Joe (class of 89), Lynne (class of 90), and James (class of 92).
- Giglio, Robert "Chunky", Class of 1975 (updated 10/20/99).
- Owner of Robert Giglio Plumbing and Heating. Married to the former Ann Pompey. Daughter Meredith, class of 2015.
- Graham, Delores, Class of 1937 (updated 10/18/99).
- 630 Fallon Street, Old Forge, PA 18518.
Married to Anthony "Jiggs " Giglio (deceased). Mother of 4: Mary Giglio McCormack (OFHS 1961), Karen Giglio (OFHS 1962), Anthony Giglio (OFHS 1969)- inducted into the Lackawanna County Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999, and Robert "Chunky" Giglio (OFHS 1975). Grandmother of 7.
- Gurz, Richard (Dick), Class of 1957 (updated 5/20/01).
- Formerly from 126 William St, Old Forge; now residing in Williamsburg, VA and Reston, VA.
I received by BS in the Administration of Justice. I retired in 1980 as a Captain with the DC Police Department. I was second in charge of the Third Police District and Commander of the Crime Prevention Unit, and was in charge of the Prostitution Unit, Narcotic squad, Detective Division, K-9, Youth Services, Auto squad, Casual Clothes, Scooter squads, and Community services. After I retired, I started a second career with the Naval Intelligence Command from which I just recently retired. I am now residing in Williamsburg, VA.
You may not know many of the 57 alumni, but here are a few members of the Blue Devil football team -- I'm sure I will misspell some of these names: Nick Anzelmi, Robert Ghigiarelli, Bob Barbieri, Marseco, Pepperno, Nick Noccera, Bob Aulisio. If you have any information on these and possibly others like Anthony "chip" Salerno, Phil Tagliaterra, please let me know.
- Honcharik, Marie (Basta), Class of 1957 (updated 1/11/00).
- See James Basta
- Hughes, George, Class of 1997 (updated 9/30/99).
- 560 Winter Street, Old Forge, PA.
Computer Science major at Wilkes University.
I currently work for Emery Worldwide and hope to get a job there after graduation. I plan to attend graduate school after college to pursue Computer Science.
- Hunold (Hunold-Mancini), Kim L., Class of 1988 (updated 2/25/98).
- Recently moved back to Old Forge.
Married to Philip J. Mancini (Pittston Area 1988 & currently working on B.A. Music at Mansfield University).
B.A. in English from Marywood College Class of 1996 (now has University status).
We have one daughter, Amber Nikole age 9.
My husband and I own a Business (Love the Arts! Moosic, PA but soon to be relocating to Old Forge) where we have combined our loves of Music and Literature to form this educational studio and shop.
- Jones, Jonathan, Class of 1996 (updated 10/4/99).
- It's a sad thing that our lives are full of used to be's. People and relationships are fallible, fragile and too often gone before their time. People, in comparison to time, are blips on the radar screen. People, in our time, are larger than life. I am not a man of means. Yet, I am wealthy. My wealth comes from the people that I love. The people that I love come from Old Forge. This is a special place. Most of us have known that nearly from the start. Regardless of how far removed any of us may become from it, it has, and will continue to shape us in ways that we can't fathom. Yes, it's imperfect. That's all right. So are we. No matter who, what or where any of you may be, remember this. Not a single one of you can ever say.... "I used to be a Blue Devil." Because you always will be.
- Kobilinski, Angela, Class of 1997 (updated 6/19/07).
- 225 Orchard St., Old Forge, PA 18518
OFHS Treasurer, and Drum Majorette.
I am the daughter of Michael and Denise (Pascolini) Kobilinski. My mom is a 1976 graduate of O.F.H.S.
Graduate of King's College Class of 2000 and 2002 - Bachelor's Degree in Computer and Information Systems - if anyone knows of an IT company looking - please refer me!
Currently work @ CVS Caremark Corporation (a pharmacy mail-order facility) in Hanover Crossings and occasionally you can still catch me filling in at Eckerd Pharmacy in Old Forge.
I am working right now with Bobby Zoltewicz, Candy Dolgash and Christian Colburn on planning the Class of 97's 10th year Reunion... we're short about 13 people.... so if anyone reads this and they have information on the following people - Eugene Canfield, Kimberly Cossack, James Dale, Paul DiAndriola, Brandon Dudeck, Paul Durdan, JoAnna Grasso, David Krappa, Stacey Lee, Renee May, Justin Mulligan, Matthew Stillwagon, or Jason Tuminski... Please have them email our class email acct @ firstname.lastname@example.org or to my email that is listed below.
- LaGrasta, Nick, Class of 1976 (updated 8/28/06).
- - Senior Video Editor, Animal Planet, Silver Spring, MD since 2002
- BSEE Penn State 1980.
- Resident of Maryland since 1981.
- Daughters: Kaitlin (13), and Lauren (11).
- Please visit the OFHS Class of 1976 web site at http://ofhs76.blogspot.com/
- Lamberti, Nick, Class of 1988 (updated 11/2/09).
- Attended undergraduate school at Wilkes University and graduate school at Widener University. Graduated from Widener with my doctorate in psychology in June 2000.
Currently living in south Jersey and working in a state prison as a psychologist.
- Lapsansky, Janine (Thomas), Class of 1987 (updated 1/31/01).
- Married to Jeff Thomas, "OFHS Class of '85", 2 children: J.J. 11 years old and Jennie 2 years old. I work for The Trane Company in Pittston as an Engineer Administrative Assistant.
- Latona, Christine, Class of 1992 (updated 10/12/04).
- Married to Dr. Jason Usher (Forest City, Class of 1991).
- 1997: graduated from Pitt (BA in History and BS in Psychology)
- 2000: graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law.
- currently an associate with McAngus, Goudelock & Courie in Charlotte.
"I miss the pizza, but not the snow."
- Lesneski, Mary Anne, Class of 1976 (updated 10/9/98).
- 1640 18th St., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
B.S., University of Pgh, 1980.
Doctor of Chiropractic, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic 1983.
Married to Len Jasuta, Jr. (Riverside alum 1976). Parents of Stephanie, 8, Jacquelyn, 6, Victoria, 3, Kyle, 18 mos. and Abby the Lab, 6 mos.
MOTTO: My cup runneth over and nobody's cleaning the floor, but so what? The sun's shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about some spilled liquid?
- Maira, Charles J. Jr., Class of 1977 (updated 4/23/99).
- Address: 1200 Hope St., Duryea, PA 18642.
Education: Johnson School of Technology, Classs of 1980, Toolmaking.
Occupation : Mechanical Designier, Special Equipment Engineering Center, IBM, Endicott NY, 20 years (10 to RETIRE!).
"My thanks to Richard 'Pants' Notari for his expertise in Trigonometry."
- Malecki, Carla (Sams), Class of 1993 (updated 7/10/06).
- - I live in Cortlandt Manor, NY with husband (Sharif) of 9 years and our two beautiful children Kyle (6) and Sophia (4).
- I am a salon owner/stylist in my own beautiful salon called "Carla's Hair Salon" (of course) in Shrub Oak, NY. Being a business owner is a lot of work, but with the support of my husband I am doing really well. I guess all those years of doing my friends hair in my bathroom has paid off.
- My mom is Ann Marie Riviello class of 73 and my dad is Butch Malecki class of 70.
- I miss my family, but I am only 2 hours away. When I pull up to my Parents house on Main St, all the wonderful memories of ballet shows, football games and just hanging out come rushing back! I had some GOOD TIMES! My children will never know what a nut their mother was. I wish I could go back in time for a week knowing what I know now! I hope everybody is doing well. Maybe the class of 93 will get together for our 20th!
- Marchel, Alexandria, Class of 1984 (updated 6/14/03).
- Currently resides in Wilkes Barre.
Graduated Wilkes University with a B.A. in English.
Is an employee of the Federal Government.
- Marino, James, 1978 (updated 8/17/05).
- 32 Old Mill Rd, Laflin, PA.
Married Jeanine Ferrett(OFHS '80) in 1985.
Daughter Marissa attending Pittston Area HS.
- Marmo, Joe, Class of 1969 (updated 10/10/98).
- Owner of Marmo Plumbing and Heating, Caretaker of Old Forge cemetary.
Father of Alisha-Class of 2003, and Andrew-Class of 2005,
Brother of John-Class of 1966, and Virginia-class of 1968.
- Marmo, Ted - M.D., Class of 1927 (updated 10/20/99).
- Famous Doctor of Old Forge!! Graduated from Penn State University class of '31, and University Of Pennsylvania Medical School class of '35. Married to the former Mary Kelly (deceased). She was employed by Moses Taylor Hospital, and was one of only two medical librarians in Lackawanna County at one time. Dr. Marmo continues his practice on Moosic Rd to this day. Dr. Marmo has been affiliated with Moses Taylor Hospital since 1935.
- Mcbride, Ryan R. (Milk), Class of 2000 (updated 10/8/02).
- Lettered in football 3 years, golf 1 year, and baseball 1 year.
Currently a junior majoring in accounting at Temple University; a member of Pi Lamda fraternity.
"Sup to my fellow graduate Howard Hall"
"Some day I hope to be a lawyer."
- McCormack, Joe, Class of 1989 (updated 9/21/99).
- Temporarily residing at 418 Moosic Rd, Old Forge.
Married to Loriann Carey - class of '87.
Graduated cum laude from Marywood University, and currently in sales with Aetna US Healthcare.
- McFarland, Jonathan M., Class of 1992 (updated 9/18/05).
Son: Gabe 8.
SSgt in the Marine Corps 13 years.
Currently on 2nd tour in Iraq.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mecca, Joseph, Class of 1973 (updated 06/21/10).
President - Class of 1973
Co-owner & operator of Photo Metrics Light Show (1973-1977)
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice & Sociology: King's College, 1977
Master of Science in Criminology from Florida State University (go Seminoles), 1999
Employed by Lackawanna County Adult Probation & Parole Office: Director
Married to Mary Pat Connors (Pittston Area Class of 1972)
- Vanessa - 2002 O.F. Graduate -graduate of West Chester University - teaching in King of Prussia
- Kerie - 2006 O.F. Graduate - graduate of Lock Haven University - Enrolled in Master program
Reunions held every 5 years. The next one is July, 2013 Look for your invitations.
- Meranti, Carol (Shamonsky), Class of 1968 (updated 3/25/08).
- B. S. Mathematics (1972) The Pennsylvania State Univ.
M.S. Secondary Educ. (Math) 1979 The University of Scranton.
M.S. Secondary Educ. ( Educ. Computing) 1995 Wilkes University.
Married - William Shamonsky.
Occupation - Retired in June 2007, former mathematics teacher for Lakeland HS for 35 years, and 23 years as an adjunct instructor for PSU at Worthington Scranton Campus since 1982.
Daughter - Meredith Morris Mead, Palmerton, PA; Pharmacist. Husband Dave and 2 daughters.
- Midei, James Jr, Class of 1960 (updated 9/18/05).
- 17597 SW 11 St., Pembroke Pines, FL 33029.
Married seven years on May 17 1999 to Adriana Mora from Bogata, Columbia.
I have one son, James 3rd, from a previous marriage. He is married and resides in Miramar, FL.
I am semi retired and work part time for Bryn-Alan Photo Studios in Fort Lauiderdale FL.
- Mills, Robert, Class of 1977 (updated 8/17/05).
- Still single.
214 Northeast 19th Ave., Pampano Beach, FL 33060.
- Monacelli, Bob, Class of 1977 (updated 3/16/01).
- Old Forge.
Johnson School of Technology (JTI), Class of 1980.
Married for 14 1/2 years to the former Kathy Cox of Taylor.
Proud parents of Jennifer 18, Class of 2000 and a freshman at PSU, and Forrest the Dog, 5 years old.
Currently working at Allied Services for 15 years as Certified Nurses Aides.
- Mucciolo, Venice (Reviello), Class of 1978 (updated 9/24/99).
- See Reviello, Bill (1977)
- Noakes, Faith L. (Gretz), Class of 1974 (updated 8/9/01).
- Married to classmate, Ronald B. Gretz.
- KelseyLee, 14, OFHS,
- Evan-Eli, 9, Old Forge Elementary.
- Keith E. Noakes, Class of 1970,
- Ronald B Gretz - Class of 1974,
- Gloria A. Gretz-Andrew, Class of 1969,
- David F. Gretz, Class of 1971,
- Donna M. Gretz-Stacchiotti, Class of 1975.
"Always and Forever - Old Forge Blue Devil Proud."
- Notari, Rick, Class of 1989 (updated 1/12/04).
- 13 Lincoln Street, Old Forge, PA 18518.
BA-Communication, University of Scranton '95.
Staff Writer, The Abington Journal, Clarks Summit, PA.
Freshman Boys' Basketball Coach, OFHS.
"Voice of the Blue Devils" PA Announcer for football and basketball.
Motto: "Blue Devil born. Blue Devil bred. I'll even be a Blue Devil when I'm dead."
- Patterson, Brian, Class of 1997 (updated 8/24/07}.
- Lackawana College graduate, Police Academy 1999.
Recently bought a house in Old Forge.
Worked as a local police officer for four years.
Currently employed as a federal officer at the Social Security Administration.
- Piragas, Lisa (Sohara), Class of 1978 (updated 2/6/06).
- Married 21 years to Dave Sohara (class of 1977).
Graduated with Bachelors from East Stroudsburg, Masters from the University of Scranton.
Son, David, Class of 2006; daughther, Kendra, Class of 2009.
- Reviello, Bill, Class of 1977 (updated 9/23/05).
- Penn State University - 1981 BS Management,
Married to Venice Mucciolo, "Old Forge Class of 1978",
Proud parents of Angela 13 (8th grade Holy Rosary, Duryea) and Maria 11 (6th grade Holy Rosary , Duryea).
Partners R&S Enterprises with Jim Serino also class of 1977. If you need an apartment in O.F., give us a call. Discounts for O.F. graduates.
PRIORITIES - "A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
"What happened to Old Forge Football? Bring back Coach Ghigiarelli."
- Riviello, Michelle (Mariotti), Class of 1995 (updated 3/14/00).
- Wilkes University - 1999, Magna Cum Laude: Pre-law, Psychology and Sociology.
Director of Fundraising for Goodwill/Easter Seals of N.E. PA.
Married to Louis C. Mariotti IV, graduate of Bishop O'hara High School and Kings College. He has a degree in Computer Information Systems and is currently employed by Mariotti Building Products.
We reside in Old Forge.
- Rushefski, Mike, Class of 1956 (updated 7/18/03).
- Hi Old Forgers, great to see you all on the web. After HS, served in the army then worked and retired in the insurance busniess. Get up to Old Forge once every 2 or 3 years. Travel Texas a lot, live in San Antonio and have a retirement job as a marketing specialist with Sears.
I really miss the great pizza and tripe and my Old Forge buddies: Vinegar Bill Rishko, Cobra Zupkpo, Buffalo Bob Malinowski, Phiily Tag, and Chills de Vergiillis. You all take care.
- Mike Rushefski, LUTCF
- Scazafabo, Allen "Butch", Class of 1993 (updated 5/18/04}.
- 83 Maple Ave, West Paterson, NJ 07424
University of Scranton '98, B.A. Communications/ B.S. Criminal Justice
Penn State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D. 2002
Currently an associate for Lunga, Evers & Johnson, P.C. 710 Route 46, East Fairfield, NJ 07005.
My entire family is from Old Forge and still there. My dad (Allen "Skitch" Scazafabo) was a graduate of the class of '70 (I think) and my mom (Dorothy Scazafabo (Belotti)) was the class of '74 (I think). They still reside in Old Forge at 306 Atherton Street.
I am living in New Jersey which can be a lot of fun, but there is no place like home.
- Semenza, Michelle (Zaykowski), Class of 1989 (updated 4/20/04).
- Married to Dan Zaykowski, Class of 1989
- Proud parents of Danny (5yrs.) and Jeremy (2yrs.)
- Residing in Old Forge
- I am a 5th grade teacher at Old Forge Elementary.
- Dan is a Pennsylvania State Trooper.
- Szczech, Michael, Class of 1975 (updated 8/21/05).
- 1979 Pennsylvania State University, B.A. political pcience.
1981 Pensylvania State University, B.A. advertising.
Resides in Old Forge.
Owner of Chizco Creative, an advertising, graphic design and website development company.
- Silvani, Mark, Class of 1976 (updated 11/1/97).
- Mechanicsburg, PA.
Married, 2 children (Sarah, age 7 & Nathan, age 10mos.)
Would love to hear from Old Forge types of all ages.
Missing Liberty Pizza & Bread. Agostini's too!
- Silvani, Rita, Class of 1968 (updated 11/1/97).
- Holmdel, NJ.
Married (Dr. Joseph DeBlasi) with two boys, both in college.
- Skapyak, Steven, Class of 1984 (updated 9/17/2004).
- Erie, Colorado.
Married to the best woman ever, Kathy Smith of LaMirada High School, LaMirada, California.
Daddy to Nicholas (2) and Matthew (7 months), plus an wide assortment of canines and felines.
Penn State graduate, working for Accenture/Denver.
Brother of OFHS graduates Debbie (1981), Dave (1982), and Mike (1987), and brother-in-law of Larry Benson (1980).
P.S. - "Send pizza".
- Smicherko, Roxanne (Riviello), Class of 1993 (updated 1/26/05).
- I was Miss Devilette :-)
Graduated from East Stroudsburg in 1997 with a BS in Speech Pathology.
Moved to Philadelphia in 1998 to pursue my career as Speech Therapist in Trenton, NJ.
I will receive my master's degree this December ('05) from College Misericordia and currently work as a Speech Therapist for Bucks County IU.
Married Christopher Riviello (class of '85) on May 25, 2002.
Chris is a chemist in drug discovery at Pharmacopeia, Inc., Princeton, NJ.
We live in Morrisville, PA (Philly suburb) ...GO EAGLES!!!
We miss our families and friends from OF, but love to come "home" for good food, good times, and good company!
- Smith, Ben, Vice President, Class of 1974 (updated 2/20/99).
- Box 132, Whitney Point NY 13862.
King's College Class of '78, BA. Communications/English Literature,
Owner/President of KGBroadcasting Inc., WKGB-FM Binghamton NY 89-98,
Currently Program Director for "Fine Tuning" an eclectic radio channel on XM Satellite Radio (http://www.xmradio.com ).
Member Martial Arts Network Board of Advisors.
Married with 3 children: Michael 12, Brandon 10, Seiji 7.
- Springer, Russell, Class of 1960 (updated 8/28/05).
- 976 Lake Henry Rd., Lake Ariel, PA 18436.
Married Nancy Bartridge in 1961.
- Russell, Atlanta,GA
- Richard, Lake Ariel
- Ronald, Madison Township
4 Grandchildren: 3 boys and 1 girl.
Employed at Mack dealership in Scranton since 1960.
- Stallone, Deborah (DeSando), Class of 1981 (updated 9/2/00).
- Graduated 1985 PSU B.S. Microbiology.
Married to Anthony DeSando, formerly of Dunmore (though you can take the boy out of Dunmore but never the Dunmore out of the boy) since 1989.
Two children: Anthony Jr. who entered Kindergarten August 2000, and Andrea (class of 2015) who not only looks like her mother but has her temper too.
Working as a Medical Technologist since 1988 at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital, currently holding the position of Microbiology Supervisor.
- Taffera, Pamela Q, Class of 1998 (updated 6/18/02).
- Local Address: 22 Casey Avenue, Old Forge, PA.
Current Address: Greenbriar Club Apartments, 3901 Conshohocken Avenue, Philadelphia, PA.
Matriculant to Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, D.O. Class of 2006.
Graduate of The University of Scranton, Class of 2002, Bachelor of Science, Biology, magna cum laude.
Employed by The University of Scranton: Chemistry Department, Research Assistant and Office of Fellowship, Assistant to Director of Medical School Placement.
Daughter of Sandy and Ann Marie Taffera (formerly Ann Shean), classes of 1964 and 1966 respectively. Sister of Angela Taffera, Class of 1988.
- Tansley, Kevin J., Class of 1989 (updated 3/27/07).
Currently reside in Old Forge, PA.
Married to Kelly (Dougher) Tansley.
Works as a Mechanic Supervisor at Arlington Ind. and is a general contractor.
Two daughters: Victoria, and Taylor.
Three step children: Paul, Jorden and Debi.
All five attend Old Forge School District.
I am Assistant coach for OF Jr. Devils and Basketball and Softball.
- Taroli, Adrienne (Cianflone), Class of 1986 (updated 9/6/09).
Graduate of Penn State University.
Living in Dallas, PA.
Three great children:Kelsey, John and Zachary, and a Shih Tzu Nico.
Sister of Sante Taroli (1981 OFHS), Structural Engineer, Washington D.C.
Keep in touch.
- Terruso, Cara (Erb), Class of 1989 (updated 3/6/01).
- Daughter of Louis & Carroll Terruso (class of 65).
I live in Cogan Station, PA with my husband Scott (married 8/91), an adult probation officer in Williamsport.
- Scott (born 2/94),
- Alex (born 9/95),
- Haley (born 8/00).
I am a stay at home mom and love it.
- Tetlock, Sandra (Stipp), Class of 1968 (Updated 1/21/10).
- 7845 Espinoza, Mission Viejo, CA.
Widow- no children but 2 fur children – male/female Welsh Pembroke Corgi’s.
Keystone Jr. College - Gen. Studies,
Cal. State Univ. - Long Beach, CA, B.S. Criminal Justice Administration.
California resident for 35 years and still loving it.
Since 2000 have worked for Panasonic Avionics Corp. – leading IFE supplier in the world. Currently I am a Sr. Quality Systems Auditor. Certified Lead Quality Auditor.
I have worked in: Industrial Security, Procurement and Quality.
- Vittori, Brenda, Class of 1990 (updated 11/11/97).
- BA degree in Psychology and a Certification in Elementary Education.
First grade teacher and first grade unit leader for Travis Elementary, San Marcos School District, San Marcos, TX.
Married 8/10/96 to Lawrence Yudiski.
Reside in Buda, TX (just outside of Austin) with my husband Larry.
E-mail: BLY730@aol.com (address not current)
- Wascavage, Tracie, Class of 1998 (updated 5/5/01).
- Home: Old Forge, PA, and West Chester PA.
Senior at West Chester University, majoring in elementary education and minoring in special education.
I am the daughter of Raymond Wascavage, OFHS class of 1963 and Sandra Zimak Wascavage, class of 1968. I am the sibling of Ray Wascavage, OFHS class of 1995. Ray is a 2001 graduate of Wilkes University and will graduate with a Doctorate in Pharmacy. I am also the sibling to the 2001-2002 Miss Devilette and Class of 2002 President, Jennifer Wascavage, and to our Little Devil Amy Wascavage OFHS class of 2008..
"DREAMS MAY FADE, BUT MEMORIES CHERISH."
E-mail: email@example.com and TW298956@wcupa.edu
- Wickizer, Sean L., Class of 1990 (updated 04/06/01).
- Currently living in Old Forge.
Navy, 8 yrs., fire control missle expert aboard the USS JFK, and a proud Persian Gulf war veteran.
Daughter, Kristina, 8.
Employed at Chamberlin plant, Scranton.
- Williams, Julie, Class of 1995 (updated 5/7/00).
- Iowa City, Iowa.
B.A. Public Relations and Advertising, 1999 Cum Laude, Penn State Univeristy (GO STATE!!!).
Currently employed as Assistant Director of Alumni Programs for the University of Iowa Alumni Association www.iowalum.com.
I love living in the midwest but I sure do miss that Old Forge pizza--- and all my friends and family --- Hi Bre and Kim!!!
Any of you 95 grads interested in getting together for our 5 year?
- Wolfe, Sally (Hines), Class of 1960 (updated 10/29/03).
- Last graduating class in the old school.
Married 42 years to Bob Hines and we still live in Old Forge.
Mother of 4:
- Bob, Taylor;
- Todd, Olyphant;
- Tammy Uhrin, Old Forge;
- Jami De Groat, Old Forge.
Grandmother to: 3 grandsons, and 11 grandaughters, and 1 step granddaughter, Kristy De Groat who we are thrilled to add to our family.
Looking forward to our next reunion.
- Zabielski, Karina (Mariotti), Class of 1988 (updated 02/08/01).
- Married Robert J. Mariotti, May 28, 1994.
18 Butler St., Old Forge, PA.
We have 2 children:
- Laura Kathleen, born March 20, 1997,
- Brian Anthony, born Dec. 22, 2000.
. . . probably always will reside in our good ole Old Forge.
Zimak, Joseph John, Class of 1978 (updated 8/4/11)
Received Ass. Degree College Misericordia (1980) Dallas, Pa
X-ray tech Radiologic Technology, received BS Barry University (1997), Miami , Florida,
Related to Sandra Zimak (Wascavage) and Deborah Zimak (BRYK) sisters.
Brother in law Ray wascavage (63).
Nephew Raymond; nieces Tracie, Jennifer, Amy.
Employed at WBGH, Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Graduated with my cousin Mark Zimak that year.