Capt'n Clint's Place
|Home Site Map Search NE PA Wilkes-Barre Mountain Top Local Scenes Holidays|
"Valentines Day started in the time of the Roman Empire. Under the rule of Emperor Claudius II Rome was involved in many bloody and unpopular military campaigns. Claudius the Cruel, as he was known at the time, was having a difficult time getting soldiers to join his millitary leagues. He believed that the reason was that roman men did not want to leave their loves or families. As a result, Claudius cancelled all marriages and engagements in Rome. This was when a Christian priest named Valentine came to defend love in the empire."
Monday, 18 February, 2019
"In the middle of February, the Romans celebrated a day of "atonement" where they were sorry for their wrong doings and accepted punishment for it. At that time boys and girls were paired by drawing their names. They were suppose to go to many functions together. It was rumored that at times the drawing was fixed so the right boy and girl would get together. It was later renamed after a kind hearted Christian, St. Valentine, who was born on that day of the year but the month was still named after the celebration of atonement. " per Larry Freeman
Happy Valentines Day
- St. Valentine's Day From Wikipedia - history, Other Cultures
- Amore' on the Net
- Billy Bear's Valentine's Day
- Valentines from Kate.net
- Valentine's Day @ Holiday Zone - arts, crafts, songs, games
- Valentines Day mail for kids!
- Valentine Fun for Kids by Bethany Roberts
- Free Valentines Graphics
- CNN - Welcome to the Love Zone
- Valentine's Day Love Traditions
- The Love and Romance - How to Write Love Letters and Love Poems
- Casanova Resource Page
- Love Advice from Dr. Tracy
Flowers and Gifts
- FTD - order online for flower delivery to the U.S. and Canada
- 1-800-FLORALS - Virtual Flowers & Gifts
|Home Site Map Search Contact|
Capt'n Clint's Place © Clint Chamberlin.