Capt'n Clint's Place
|Home Site Map Search NE PA Wilkes-Barre Mountain Top Local Scenes Holidays|
December 26 - January 1
Kwanzaa is a Swahili word that means "first" and signifies the first fruits of the harvest. Dr. Maulana Karenga, feeling that African-Americans needed to reconnect with their African heritage, created Kwanzaa in 1966.The holiday lasts seven days, from December 26 to January 1, with each day focusing on one of seven goals, or the Nguzo Saba.
The kinara is a seven-space candle holder,
representing the original stalk from which the African people originated.
Kwanzaa at Yahoo
- Kwanzaa From Wikipedia - history, customs, symbols, links
- Kwanzaa Fun from Billy Bear - craft ideas, coloring pages, clipart and screensavers.
- Celebration of Kwanzaa - Facts, Figures & Folklore
- Kwanzaa @ TheHolidaySpot.com - origin, recipies, music, wallpaper
- CNN - Kwanzaa Page
- Everything About Kwanzaa
- History and Traditions of Kwanzaa
- Official Kwanzaa Website - celebration of family, community, and culture.
- International Kwanzaa Exchange - teaching about and promoting the principles and celebration of Kwanzaa.
- Kwanzaa: An African-American Celebration - includes a brief definition of the holiday, its seven principles and more.
|Home Site Map Search Contact|
Capt'n Clint's Place © Clint Chamberlin.